Tasks 1c and 1d: Starting out video & my new photo gallery

Task 1c: Starting out video

Link: www.vimeo.com/239707457 (password: middlesex)

*I decided to not use Youtube as I don't have a professional account there. I do however have a Vimeo account and I thought it would be more useful to keep all my videos on one account and one website rather than expand on a second website which is similar to the one I'm already using. 

Task 1d: Photos of my work and the importance of images and audio-visual in social media, as well as implications of their use

Flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9RrwQW



Images and videos are extremely important in my industry and although photos have been for some time (even before the use of social media) nowadays having a variety of photos is more important than ever. On my spotlight profile (https://www.spotlight.com/cv/5416-9081-9899) and other online CVs I have a range of headshots, my showreel and two audio clips; one of a classical monologue and one of a modern one. 

Now that I have created a flickr account I have one more asset; an online portfolio of my work showcasing photos that might not be relevant to put on my online CV, but are great to share with any employer who might be interested in seeing photos from specific productions I've been in - and they're also a good proof that for example when I say on my CV I have done a pantomime touring primary schools - I'm not lying. 

This material is what is going to get me work, especially nowadays that the use of the Internet is making it easy for Casting Directors and producers to cut cost by shortlisting actors as much as possible using only what the actor has available online. Unfortunately, even if you are great for a part unless your photos suggest that, your showreel, audio clips or portfolio, then the Casting Director will never know... 

At first I was confused about what implications might arise by me sharing these photos online, after all I do have the right to use all of them. When I uploaded them however I understood that I would have to credit all professionals appearing in the photos or who are responsible for the photos (either the photographer themselves - if the photos are professional, or the director of the film/play and anyone else.) The most credits went under a still from the short film 'Flatmates' this is because the director, DOP and editor had all contributed to the image I was sharing. 



Comments

Popular Posts