Inquiry Questions (Task 2d)

So I have been actually gathering a few questions and themes I would like to explore. I had this ambition that I would have explored all of them by the end of Module 1, until I realised this is actually what I am supposed to be doing in Module 2. And in so much more detail as there will be so much more time. So here are a few of the questions/themes I am interested in, some of which I have already blogged about, but there is so much more investigation to be done.


  1. Adaptability - how important is it to be able to adapt as a performer? How important is it to remain authentic and what does it mean to be authentic? 
  2. Adaptability (2) - how important is it to keep up with the newest technologies used in the profession? (e.g. self-tapes, online profiles, social media presence etc.) What if you don't like using some of them? 
  3. As a graduate of an accredited drama school I have the privilege to be considered a professional without years of experience or impressive credits, but when and how is the line crossed from student to a proper professional? And what does it even mean to be a 'proper' professional? 
  4. Exploring muscle memory - it's very important for what we do, but how does it work? When exactly do we use it? How can we improve it? What can be the benefits of improving it. 
  5. Concentration. Similar to muscle memory. 
  6. Modesty has been one of my biggest themes in this module. Why and when should we be modest as performers and why and when we shouldn't?
  7. Is unpaid work worth doing? When is it worth doing? What can we do to stop it? Should we do something to stop it or at least monitor it?
  8. Is it worth having an online presence as a performer? Not just online CVs, websites etc. but a blog for your writing or a YouTube channel with monologues/improvisations even scenes, (extra to your showreel). 
  9. I am currently exploring spoken-word poetry and intend to start performing as a spoken-word poet soon. Will this help me as an actor? Will it help in any other way? Will it end up becoming the thing I do most?
  10. I am now working on my new company's first project. What are the benefits of creating your own work? What kind of work can you create? What are the costs? What can you get out of it as an actor? 

Comments

Popular Posts